Blogs are used synonymously with online content. In this era of digitalization, they are amongst the most prominent and widely used layouts for content. But, here arises a crucial question: how to write a blog? If you’ve also faced this question of how to write content for a blog, you’re not alone. Also, it’s true that writing blog content is quite challenging but now not anymore. Here is my simple guide to help you in learning the steps. Read on for tips on how to write content for a blog.
How to Write Content for a Blog: 6 Simple Tips to Start Using NowIf you want to learn how to write content for a blog post, then here are some simple tips that will help you get started.
1. Know Your AudienceBefore you begin with writing, it’s significant to know for whom you are writing that is who your audience is, and what they are0 looking for. Rather than presuming what your audience requires or wants, try to do industry research and competitor analysis and make data-driven decisions. Sounding complicated? But practically it's reverse. There are lots of resources available which you can use to make life simpler. Following are some of the tools which you can use KeywordTool.io: It is a free tool that you can use to detect what are some of the most prominently used keywords browsed by users in your niche. Twitter Advanced Search: In this tool, simply type your keyword and choose the filter “questions” and it will display all the questions that are being asked in your industry. Quora: On this, you can find questions by questioning. SEMRush: Though it’s a paid tool, it works incredibly well and enables you to keep an eye on your competitors and grab their best notions. For writing good blogs it's essential to know your audience. When you comprehend your audience, everything else can stream inherently. It’s important to know who your audience is throughout the writing process, and always write keeping them in mind as you work to formulate content your readers can rely on.
2. Write Compelling HeadlinesIf you don’t have a captivating headline, then there are lesser chances of your blog post to be read or shared. Human beings are shallow. We tend to judge a book by its cover and a blog by its title. That’s why your blog title is significant for the reach of that article. We imply that you operate your headline through EMV headline analyzer to excavate the emotional marketing value of your headline. Also, you can use IsItWP’s headline analyzer tool which also provides tips on how to enhance your headline. Or, you may try out OptinMonster’s new headline analyzer tool. This is a free analyzer and will make you sure that you are writing the most clickable and SEO-friendly headlines that bring in more traffic.
3. Spend The Time to Craft Great TopicsThe topic is the soul of your blog. If you’re having a hard time obtaining blog topics, resort to credible sources like your website FAQ and Quora. On these, you can find great ideas and extraordinary information. As you formulate the topics for your blog post, pay attention to which perform well and which don’t. This will give you a surface idea of what you should be formulating going ahead.
4. Make Your Hook CaptivatingThe hook, or the outset of your blog or article, is one of the crucial factors of your content. Keeping this in mind, give some time on making the outset of your article as decent as possible. It should be crafted to catch your reader’s attention. This means comprising appropriate facts, statistics, and information. It also includes addressing the reader directly and assuring that you know your audience very well and this will appeal to them.
5. Add Subheadings and Shorter Paragraphs to Break up the PageFormatting is vital for blog posts or article. There’s nothing terrible than reading a blog post that’s just one huge paragraph. Many times people graze through the article before they decide to read it, so it's always advisable to break your article with subheadings. Also, use shorter paragraphs to enable your readers to work their way through your blog post or article.
6. Use Bullet PointsPeople tend to graze blog posts before they decide to read it. It simply implies you need to make sure to accentuate your decent information. This way, they can quickly see that your post is worth reading. Apart from subheadings, bullet lists are perfect as they’re very easy to graze through. Here are some of the tips which can be used to write bullet points that people will read:
- Convey clear benefits. Consider bullets as mini-headlines.
- Keep the bullets symmetrical. 1-2 lines each.
- Avoid bullet clutter. Don’t inscribe paragraphs in bullets.
- Keep in mind that bullets are not sentences. They’re just like headlines.
7. Add ImagesThe human brain catches visual content a lot rapidly than text-based content. That’s why adding fascinating images can help strengthen your engagement. There are lots of tremendous free resources available online for finding high-quality royalty-free images.
8. Organize Your Blogs to Make Them More ReadableMany people ignore this element but organizing and optimizing your blogs is crucial. For making your blog post as coherent as possible, organize them into small, digestible pieces and assure that you’re never presenting your readers with heavy blocks of information. In addition to crafting your blog more user-friendly, dividing it into approachable pieces will enable making it better for SEO.
9. Optimize for SEOIn the world of blogging, SEO can be quite complicated. On the one side, you should never execute SEO over your user’s experience (UX). On the other hand, you shouldn’t ignore SEO, either. The objective is to find the equilibrium. The fact is that organic searches on Google drives a big chunk of the traffic for most websites. If you want to boost your SEO ranking, then we highly recommend that you optimize your blog post or article for significant SEO ranking factors. Here are some of the tips that we follow:
- Add a proper meta title
- Add a proper meta description
- Optimize for focused keywords
- Use related keyword variation
- Add alt-text to your images
- Attach internal links to your other content