Creating a content marketing strategy isn’t as simple as it may appear to be. You can’t just publish tons of articles up on the web and expect them to rank well on search. Even though your content is extraordinary but if you’re not marketing it, sharing it, and promoting it then it's not going to be read by anybody. Are you owning or managing a business blog? If so, then you already understand the significance of content marketing. Consumers who reach on your website are more plausible to subscribe to your email list, purchase something from your online store and connect with your brand on social media sites if you have plenties of useful content available. Consider this: 75% of internet users say they read blogs on regular basis. Businesses without in-depth, intriguing content associated with their niche tend to suffer and fade out quickly. If you yearn for people to visit your site regularly, you have to create high-quality content. There are certain techniques you can execute to make your content marketing strategy more productive. In this blog, we will discuss the six tips which should be kept in mind for running and managing a successful blog. Let's have a look.
1) Check for Grammatical ErrorsAlways check for grammatical errors while writing a blog or post. Content with grammatical error gives an impression of you a little silly to your potential customers but also it may lead to a drop in rankings. The search engines like google need authoritative outcomes and the misspellings and grammatical errors in your blog post make you appear less authoritative. But if you're not a professional writer then you may give a try to content writing service like EssayGeeks. If you're a good writer but just need some support to improve then use Grammarly, a tool that will assist you with everything from emails to blog writing:
2) Write Relevant and Actionable Content
You need to first understand your customer to be a good marketer and business owner. You should know your customer’s problems and issues. And to genuinely create a piece of content around your customer’s problems and their issues, assure that it is actionable. Are you providing them with the specific steps they require? Are you catering them with the tools they need? Could the steps provided be applied with ease and fulfil the needs of your customer? If you think still there is some gap in the given advice in the blog post then you need to work upon making it actionable.
3) Use Content to Drive Leads into Your Sales FunnelContent marketing is amongst the vital elements of a sales funnel. From grabbing customers into that initial stage (TOFU) with certain blog post to making them to click the “buy” button on the sales page, content plays a very crucial role in that. Begin with creating remarkable content that spreads awareness, it can be in any form like video, blog post, article or infographic. Throughout the content, assure that you are attracting the reader to move into the next stage of the funnel (MOFU). This could be done by asking for an email address before giving access to gated article. Continue to be vigilant of how your prospective customer will feel at each stage in your marketing funnel and modify your copy to reflect that:
4) Maintain a Content CalendarThe consistency is the essential of content marketing. Content marketing without consistency is just like a time table which is not followed on a regular basis. Both cases will bring limited outcomes. For building your brand image and it's reputation, you should create and share beneficial and qualitative content consistently, and the promising way to manage this somewhat daunting job is to use an editorial calendar: If you don’t have a larger team or budget, you can perform this with a simple Excel or Sheets spreadsheet. Also, there are a number of tools available online like-
- CoSchedule – editorial calendar
- WordPress – editorial calendar
- Asana – project management and editorial calendar
- Trello – project management tool
- MeetEdgar – social media post scheduler
- Buffer – social media automation tool